Physical Therapy Guidleline for Student Inservice
During your affiliation, you will be required to give one inservice. Listed below are guidelines that should be followed in the preparation and presentation of your inservice.
- Discuss topic ideas with your supervisor first and then consult with the Senior Therapist before a final topic is picked. The topic of your inservice must be related to rehabilitation if this is your only rehabilitation internship. If this is your "specialty" rotation, then your topic must apply to that specialty area.
- The duration of your presentation must be from 30 ‑ 60 minutes in length. If evaluation/treatment techniques are presented then please allow adequate time for lab practice. Also, make arrangements with your supervisor or Senior Therapist to obtain materials to be used in labs.
- You are encouraged to use any type of audio visual aides you wish, including PowerPoint, overheads, slides, DVD’s and videotapes. You are responsible for scheduling the use of audio visual aides with the Center of Learning one week prior to your inservice; you are also responsible for letting the PT secretary know your subject/title.
- The inservice will be scheduled for a time during the end of your affiliation, usually the second week from the end of the rotation.
- Case reviews alone are not considered inservices. If you wish to use a case presentation as a small part of your inservice, it must be prior approved by the Senior Therapist.
- Inservice handouts are required, and if you wish secretarial assistance with typing/copying etc. you must submit your request 1 week in advance.
Revised: July 1993, April 1996, 12/05, 1/13
Reviewed: 7/00, 8/02, 12/03
No articles to show
Kentucky Easter Seals and Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital announce Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Center/Easter Seals of Louisville transfer to Kosair Charities
Effective July 1 the services of Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Center/Easter Seals of Louisville will be transferred to the ...
Grow Again Garden Newsletter
Check out the May edition of the Grow Again Garden's Newsletter! Grow Again Garden Newsletter ...
New Parkinson's Aquatic Exercise Class
We will be offering a new Parkinson’s Aquatic Exercise Class, through our Parkinson’s Support Group. It will be every ...
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »