Physical Therapy Student Goals and Responsibilities
CARDINAL HILL REHABILITATION HOSPITAL
Student Goals and Responsibilities
During the rotation:
1) The student will learn and then carry out the duties of a staff Physical Therapist/PTA with expected guidance from supervising therapists.
2) The student will present an inservice on a rehabilitation topic and a case report on a current inpatient to the Physical Therapy staff (optional).
3) The student/CI will incorporate a research element into the rotation – via literary review, report, etc. at the student/CI’s discretion. Need to either document discussion on weekly meeting form or include copies of written work in final folder that goes to the Senior Therapist.
By the end of the rotation:
1) The student will understand the role of the PT/PTA in a rehabilitation facility within the team approach.
2) The student will become knowledgeable about treatment techniques, with various neurological and orthopedic patients in a rehabilitation setting.
3) The student will become aware of various equipment needs of patients in a rehabilitation setting.
WRITTEN: March 1998
REVISED: May 1999
REVIEWED: June 2000, 8/02, 12/03, 7/07, 12/07, 1/13
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »