Chaplain Assistants will make visits to patients to acquaint them with the Chaplain Services and make referrals to the department as needed.
- Report to the Chaplain names and room numbers of patients to be visited
- Introduce yourself to patient and give brief description of Chaplain Services
- Briefly visit with patient to ascertain if they need visit by Chaplain
- Leave note for Chaplain with pertinent information regarding the results of visit (i.e. needs no further action, would like to see Chaplain, etc.)
Chaplain Assistants are also needed to assist with Chapel Services:
- Transporting patients to and from Chapel Services
- Play piano or other musical instrument
- Insuring literature is available in the chapel
- Helping patients read literature
Chaplain Assistants must be at least 21 years old.
All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation as well as a department specific orientation.
Possessing good communication skills, good interpersonal skills, appropriate level of maturity and being sensitive to the needs of all are a must. The patient's right to confidentiality will be observed. Chaplain Assistants must have knowledge of the hospital layout and the stamina to walk through out.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines and understand the volunteer handbook and all hospital policies. Must be able to read and write.
As a hospital volunteer, you may be exposed to blood, body tissues or fluids, hazardous waste materials, sudden fluctuations in temperature, outside weather radiation, toxins, poisonous substances, dust, chemicals, bodily injury, and loud or unpleasant noises.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »