Nutrition Care Assistant
Nutrition Care Assistants assist the dietary staff with the following duties:
- Distribute and collect patient menus
- Put linings on patient meal trays
- Assist with the delivery of patient meal trays
- Serve food in the cafeteria
- Wipe off tables in the cafeteria or patient dining rooms
- Stock supplies in the cafeteria
Nutrition Care Assistants must be at least 16 years old and have a valid Food Handler's Card. An outgoing personality and willing attitude are essential. Extensive walking is required.
All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation as well as a department specific orientation.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines and understand the volunteer handbook and all hospital policies. Nutrition Care Assistants must be able to read and write.
As a hospital volunteer, you may be exposed to blood, body tissues or fluids, hazardous waste materials, sudden fluctuations in temperature, outside weather radiation, toxins, poisonous substances, dust, chemicals, bodily injury, and loud or unpleasant noises.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »