Outpatient Therapy Assistant
Outpatient Therapy Assistants are needed to help the Outpatient Therapy staff. Outpatient Therapy volunteers:
- Display a positive image of Cardinal Hill by demonstrating courteous behavior toward patients, visitors, other volunteers and employees
- Assist with patient safety issues
- Assist with the therapeutic pool and Phase III Wellness Program
- Assist Secretary by answering phones and doing other light clerical work
- Assist with cleaning equipment, bringing therapists equipment, or replacing equipment
- Make copies as necessary
- Provide support during gait training by helping with equipment
- Must be able to demonstrate appropriate use of wheelchairs
- Answer telephone
- Take and relay messages
- Filing records
- Copying documents
Outpatient Therapy Assistants must be at least 14 years of age. Must be able to lift, push, or pull 50 pounds; must be able to sit, walk and stand extensively. May be exposed to blood, body tissues and fluids, dust and toxins.
Physical condition, mobility, verbal articulation, vision, and learning must be readily performed. Abilty to walk, push wheelchairs.
All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation as well as an Outpatient Therapy Services (OTS) department specific orientation and training.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines and understand the volunteer handbook and all hospital policies.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »