Pet Therapy Assistant
Pet Therapy Assistants help with Pet Therapy by:
- Transporting patients to and from Pet Therapy
- Assisting patients as they interact with pet therapy dogs
- Cleaning, rearranging and organizing room before and after therapy
- Walking room to room to invite clients to join pet therapy prior to the session.
Pet Therapy Assistants must be at least 14 years old. An outgoing personality and willing attitude are essential. Extensive walking may be required.
All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation as well as a department specific orientation.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patientts and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines and understand the volunteer handbook and all hospital policies. Must be able to read and write.
As a hospital volunteer, you may be exposed to blood, body tissues or fluids, hazardous waste materials, sudden fluctuations in temperature, outside weather radiation, toxins, poisonous substances, dust, chemicals, bodily injury, and loud or unpleasant noises.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »