Recreation Assistants assist the Therapeutic Recreation staff with the following duties:
- Visit and play games with patients in the Will Coffman Recreation Room
- Transport patients to and from the Recreation Room
- Assist patients with activities such as Bingo, gardening, card games, crafts, and parties
- Help Recreation staff brainstorm activities for patients
- Read magazines or books to patients
- Deliver reading materials, games, etc to patients who have difficulty coming to the Recreation Room
Recreation Assistants must be at least 14 years old. An outgoing personality and willing attitude are essential. Extensive walking may be required.
All volunteers must attend a general volunteer orientation as well as a department specific orientation.
Adequate conversational English is required in order that the individual be able to take direction, understand how to complete job tasks, communicate adequately with patients and co-workers as necessary, understand and follow safety guidelines and understand the volunteer handbook and all hospital policies.
Must be able to read and write. As a hospital volunteer, you may be exposed to blood, body tissues or fluids, hazardous waste materials, sudden fluctuations in temperature, outside weather radiation, toxins, poisonous substances, dust, chemicals, bodily injury, and loud or unpleasant noises.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital
- 2050 Versailles Road Lexington, KY 40504
- 800.233.3260 | 859.254.5701
- Maps & Directions »