Outpatient Services - Pediatric Cardinal Hill Aquatic Programs (C.H.A.P.)
The mission of Cardinal Hill Aquatic Program is to provide the community with a positive aquatic experience that will benefit them both physically and emotionally. Cardinal Hill’s Aquatic Programs are clinically driven, allowing participants to gain functional mobility and independence.
- Temperature: 94*-96*
- Depth: 4’-5’
- Size: 24’ X 32’
- 2 Handrails
- Hydraulic Lift Chair
- Increased Buoyancy
- Increased Resistance
* Lifeguard on duty at all times
* Healthcare Professionals
* Towels provided
* Handicapped Accessible Showers and Locker Rooms
Children with a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions.
One to One Therapy
- Physical/Occupational therapy (insurance based)
* Therapists work with the children one on one. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to participate in these sessions with the therapists.
Independent Pool Program
- Closed Monday-Friday—12:00p-1:00p
Arthritis Class (Juvenile Arthritis patients can benefit from this program)
- Tuesday & Thursday—6:00p-7:00p
- Spring Sessions (April/May)
- 2 times per week/4 weeks
Buoyancy—decrease joint compression
Turbulence—increase balance and stability
Neutral Warmth—increase relaxation, flexibility, tone and decrease pain
Hydrostatic Pressure—increase respiratory capacity and circulation
How to Participate
Referrals (Physician Consent, Physician Orders) are needed for all aquatic programs due to the temperature of the water. Referrals can be called in to our Referral Relations Department at (859) 367-7121 for one on one therapy with a therapist.
To attend independent pool, arthritis classes or the Infant/Toddler Swim, please call 367-7125.