Outpatient Services - Food Adversion Group
Who is this for?
- Children with have an aversion to certain foods
- Children who eat fewer than 20 foods
- Children with poor weight gain
- If family meals are a “battle”Who facilitates this program?
- A Speech-Language Pathologist or an Occupational Therapist will evaluate your child
What are the strategies used?
- A Structured routine for food interaction
- Teaching the social experience of food with peers
- Reinforcement for positive food behaviors
- Teaching children about the physical/sensory properties of food
What are the expected outcomes?
- Children will willingly accept and taste new foods
- Parents will understand the use of positive and negative reinforcement
- Family meals are no longer a “battle”
- Parents will understand how to implement feeding strategies at home
No articles to show
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital awarded Three-Year CARF accreditation.
Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) has awarded Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital a Three-Year ...
New Parkinson's Aquatic Exercise Class
We will be offering a new Parkinson’s Aquatic Exercise Class, through our Parkinson’s Support Group. It will be every ...
Good Giving Guide Challenge 2012
Help Cardinal Hill Hospital by donating through the Good Giving Guide Challenge 2012. The campaign runs to December 31, ...