Outpatient Services - Pediatric Eating Encouragement Program
Pediatric Eating Encouragement Program (PEEP) is an intensive day program designed to increase the amount and variety of solid foods children eat while decreasing their dependence on tube feeding or calorie enhanced drinks to meet their nutritional needs. The goal of the program is to completely wean children from their supplemental feeding 6 months to 1 year following participation in the program.
Who is eligible for PEEP?
- No medical conditions that interfere with the ability to eat by mouth
- Adequate respiratory status
- Weight status that will allow for a small weight loss
- Family must be ready to address feeding issues and participate throughout the program
- Oral motor skills are adequate for safe eating of at least one textureParent’s Involvement
- Participate in each activity your child attends so that you can do similar activities at home
- Learn strategies to help your child be a successful eater
- Engage in caregiver education providing optimal nutrition for growth and development
- Employ newly learned strategies to decrease your child’s behavioral outburst related in feeding