Cardinal Hill Pain Institute
The Cardinal Hill Pain Institute opened in October 2009 with Dr. William O. Witt as its Medical Director. Chronic pain can rob you of your spirit, your relationships and your livelihood. Dr. Witt and the Cardinal Hill Pain Institute specialize in the non-narcotic treatment of chronic pain in association with the innovative physical rehabilitative services provided by Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Witt and the Cardinal Hill Pain institute’s goal is to have each patient reach to their goal of a pain free life.
Conditions Treated Include:
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - Type I & II (RSD and Causalgia), Spinal Stenosis, Neuropathy, Low Back Pain, Radiculopathy, Post - thoracotomy Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Shingles, and Post - Herpetic Neuralgia, Sciatica, Whiplash, Sports injuries, Work injuries, Cancer - related Pain.
Therapeutic Options Include:
Injective treatment, Physical Therapy, surgically - implanted pain control devices, TENS, physical training, nutritional counseling, aquatic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, non- narcotic medication management, consultations, second opinions, independent medical evaluations
The Medical Director of the Cardinal Hill Pain Institute is William O. Witt, MD, DABA-PM
- Board Certified: Pain Management, Anethesiology, and Critical Care Medicine
- MD: University of Minnesota, (accelerated, with honors)
- Residency: University of Colorado
- Honors: Alpha Omega Alpha honorary medical society, "Best Doctors in America"
- Chairman Emeritus, Anesthesiology/University of Kentucky
- Professor Emeritus, Anesthesiology, Neurosurgery and Hematology-Oncology
- Founding Director Emeritus, Pain Management Fellowship
- Lexington Medical Society, Kentucky Medical Association, International Association for the Study of Pain
- American Pain Society, American Academy of Pain Medicine, North American Neuromodulation Society
For more information or to schedule an appointment:
Phone: 859-367-7246 (859-FOR-PAIN)